ITMI Study Hall is a FREE weekly online meeting with over 100 Tour Guides, Tour Directors, Tour Operators, and Tour Professionals who want to connect with your peers and learn new ways to handle challenging situations.
Come join us each Wednesday for a fun and engaging learning experience with your friends and peers in the travel industry. During each “Study Hall” session, we introduce a variety of real-life tour scenarios for you and your fellow tour leaders to brainstorm and solve together.
- Your motor coach just broke down and you have no internet or cell reception, what do you do?
- Your group leader insists on sitting in the front row and keeps talking over your itinerary…what do you do?
- You’re on day 3 of a 10-day tour and seat rotation is working well except for the very kind couple that just asked to be moved away from the loud couple seated in front of them, what do you do?
- How do you get students to engage on tour?
- What do you do when a motorcoach driver has a health emergency?
- When guests leave essential items like medication in the previous hotel, what do you do
- What do you do when you get stuck in the city during a tour?
- What do you do with a consistently late guest?
- You arrive at your hotel for the evening and the front desk person says they have no record of your reservation and they are sold out! How do you handle this?
- You’re in a country where English isn’t the first language & guests are nervous to venture out on their own for a not-included dinner, what do you do?
In this 60-minute session, we will take turns listening to ideas and discussing possible solutions to common issues that may come up during your tours.
This will keep your creative problem-solving minds active and help your prepare for unexpected situations when you get back on tour. The best part? IT’S FREE!!!